today I’m writing from a really slow computer with a really sticky keyboard. so it’s lowercase today guys. 🙂
i hope everyone had a great week! i love that we choose our happiness – we choose how we respond to our circumstances and what determines our happiness. so choose to just be happy, no matter what!
this week was busy busy and we’re tired, but so happy.
too many things happened this week to type them all, but i want to share how awesome brasov is. so here are some highlights this week:
– we got tons of referrals! like more than usual. we’ve been wanting to find solid new investigators and it’s slowly happening. right before i (probably) leave! I’ve been in brasov for 5 transfers now so most likely i’ll leave next week so i’m trying to soak it in as much as i can.
– we had the most awesome fhe. we did minute-to-win-it games. after english we invited everyone to stay and some cool new students stayed. they had such a good time too! it was so nice to see members and investigators having fun, just as people. there really was no division at all between them, which of course there shouldn’t be. the whole night was pretty hilarious, so i’ll get on sora bair to put up the pictures.
– constantina, our sweet investigator got really really sick this week. that’s not the highlight obviously, but it’s the coolest story. we didn’t know she had gotten sick, so we went over to her house and she beckoned us inside and dramatically waves her hands around telling us she is sick. but she has us come sit down anyway aha. she tells us that she was sick all night, and then goes and throws up in the bathroom. sora robertson and i just sat there waiting, kinda nervous. but then she comes out, has us come to her bedroom, gets in bed and tells us she wants a lesson. so cute! she read 1 nephi 14 outloud to us and we talked about the priesthood and how the bible was changed. she was teaching us a lot of it which was awesome. she doesn’t think she has great faith but she definitely does.
– zone conference. we had it thursday and president had some friends, the rutleys, here from england. so not only was i enchanted with their lovely accents, but what they shared with us was awesome too. sora ivory gave a great talk too. it was on our journey as a missionary. And that it doesn’t (or shouldn’t) end in a “where,” but in a “who.” i loved that and that’s how i’ve felt my entire mission. i just want to become, not to just go wherever life takes me. it was a good conference and i got some needed direction and revelation so i was happy. 🙂
– we had a ton of investigators come to church! like 7 i think. which was awesome. 4 of them are young and from our english class and we all were so excited. it was even more awesome because elder sanchez and i did “i stand all amazed” in sacrament. he played and i sang and it was so amazing. the spirit was just thick in the room. carmen was crying and it was just beautiful. i love singing! music is so amazingly powerful and i love that it touches people so individually.
i read two amazing verses this week while i was studying hope. they’re in alma 58:10-11.
10 Therefore we did pour out our souls in prayer to God, that he would strengthen us and deliver us out of the hands of our enemies, yea, and also give us strength that we might retain our cities, and our lands, and our possessions, for the support of our people.
11 Yea, and it came to pass that the Lord our God did visit us with assurances that he would deliver us; yea, insomuch that he did speak peace to our souls, and did grant unto us great faith, and did cause us that we should hope for our deliverance in him.
i love that they say that they were “visited with assurances.” that is how the lord works – he calms our souls and assures us if we listen and look for it. i love the pattern too: prayer with real intent, answer of peace, and then the blessings of great faith and hope. what an amazing pattern we can apply in our lives! i know the lord answers our prayers. he is so acutely and intensely aware of us; our every feeling, every desire, every hope for our lives. and i know he wants to bless us and that he will. don’t give up on him, becuase he certainly hasn’t and will never give up on you.
i love you all!! say your prayers, read your scriptures, help others and you’ll be happy! 🙂
love sora marcheschi